Menu

All American History

We started this last year. Many people like this curriculum, but for us we found it a bit dry and also disjointed. We started with the unit on Explorers, and it seems like it never ended! It went on forever. After Explorers my son begged to do Unit Studies instead, so we dropped it. Never got to LDS, so I don't know if/how they covered that.

By "disjointed" I mean they would start with info on one explorer, then follow with two more. But that wasn't complete, then they'd start over again with the same explorer as they filled in the details. So we were always a little confused as to who we were reading about, or I could've had him read out of order to make it make sense, but that was too much work, and I felt like we were always losing our place.

So you probably want input from people who had a better experience!

Anyway, if you like Explorers, it has a really strong emphasis on that!

Did AAH 1 and dd loved it. We are going to do AAH 2 after MOH3. With AAH 1 I bought the student workbook and I will NOT do that again. She liked it for the first two chapters then it became very tedious to her. When we do AAH 2 I am going to chose real books to go along with the topics. I am going to add in more research, writing and outlining.

That being said she will love it more :001_smile:

We started this last year. Many people like this curriculum, but for us we found it a bit dry and also disjointed. .

By "disjointed" I mean they would start with info on one explorer, then follow with two more. But that wasn't complete, then they'd start over again with the same explorer as they filled in the details.

My dh noticed that in the samples. He thinks it would drive him crazy. I'm not sure what my dc would think about it.

With AAH 1 I bought the student workbook and I will NOT do that again. She liked it for the first two chapters then it became very tedious to her. :001_smile:

I was wondering about the workbook too. I can see it getting too tedious for my younger two, but I think it might be good for my 10th grader. If you aren't using the workbook, would you still want the teacher's guide?

TIA,

Amy