Menu

Science in a box help???!! Elemental or other?

bamdavis3

My son will be in 5th grade (and daughter in 1st) so it's the perfect time to combine Life Science (biology, plants, human body).. I was looking at Elemental Science and thought i could combine the logic & grammar....

but I want to do experiments and things they suggest. I HATE shopping around for a bunch of individual things each week. I know someone sold Apologia experiment supplies in a kit, and wondered if anyone found a kit like that for Elemental Science???

If not, do you know of a classical education science curriculum that has all (or most) of the experiment supplies in a box so I won't have to shop all around town for each experiment?????

Thanks!

You could do Noeo Biology I & II. The experiments come in the kit. There is also a list in the front of the book of additional items you will need and the weeks they are needed. So you could gather it all at once and have it available or by week its needed. The curriculum is a mix of classical and Charlotte Mason. They do a 3 year cycle instead of 4 years. But, the Earth Science is included in the chemistry & physics years.

Thanks.. I'll check them out.

Elemental does have biology here.. http://www.elementalscience.com/biogrammarsamples.html I figure too, I can start now gathering things on my weekly shopping trips to make it easier. There really aren't a ton of things we don't have on hand after I looked over their sample pdf and it lists all we'd need. I just hate shopping.

Thanks.. I'll check them out.

Elemental does have biology here.. http://www.elementalscience.com/biogrammarsamples.html I figure too, I can start now gathering things on my weekly shopping trips to make it easier. There really aren't a ton of things we don't have on hand after I looked over their sample pdf and it lists all we'd need. I just hate shopping.

Oops, I was thinking of what is on my desk: Education Explorations, and that is all in a box. :001_smile: