Menu

What is your college student's favorite planner?

Jane Elliot

I actually teach in a college, I'm not a student but I use a moleskine and it's always the first one I suggest to students as the paper's high quality, you can get different layouts depending on what you need (a page per day, a week across two pages, etc) as well as different sizes (pocket sized, a5, a4), etc. It's worth taking a look at. :)

My university has an online printable "semester at a glance" spreadsheet that I have used probably 4 out of my 6 semesters. Once you get your syllabi you can type in each assignement on the due date. I color code my according to class.

For the semesters that hasn't been practical, I've gotten a student planner at Walmart. I like the kind that are bigger than 8.5 x 11, and have the whole month across a two page spread. That way I can pencil in my assignments and see the whole month to know what's ahead.

Sorry if that was more confusing than helpful!

I used one called the Original Student Calendar my freshman year. You can find it at Barnes and Noble. It had a weekly view, with three squares for each day - one for appointments, one for studying, and one for the rest of your life. It also had spaces at the front to record your schedule and places to write about each of your classes. It was pretty nifty. :)

Thanks for your help, everyone. We looked at everything mentioned here, and my college freshman and one of the juniors both chose the Moleskines. (My other junior has a wife, so she can manage his life. ;)) We got them on Amazon. I use the little Moleskine notebooks, so I know the quality.

Polly, the one you suggested looks interesting. I might have my high school senior try that.