Menu

So thankful for this board!!! DD can read!

Superfly

My DD has been really struggling with reading. We had been uninsured so we didn't have the resources to get her officially tested for dyslexia and the school district would not test either. But since I have dyslexia/ADHD, I just assumed that was the whole problem. Her eye test at the doctor and at school showed perfect vision so I thought that had been ruled out. Thanks to reading all the wonderful posts here I learned it could be a tracking issue. So on Tuesday I took her for a vision exam and had her checked for tracking issues. Sure enough the doctor said that her eye muscles were overflexing and preventing her from tracking. Since she got her reading glasses she has been reading everything under the sun!!! Before she would struggle with Bob books. Yesterday she was reading the "Help Me Be Good" series, Lizzy's Do's and Don'ts, and Fancy Nancy with ease!!!! I'm just so thrilled!

I'm still planning on taking her through the multisensory phonics program this year to cover anything she may have missed. She is definitely a kinesthetic anyway. I'm so relieved she will soon be able to read independently.