Menu

Anyone used TOG Classic AND Redesigned?

mamasgot5

This fall will be my 2nd year of hs. I will be working with ds 4th, dd 2nd, dd K (I also have a 3yo & 1yo). This previous year I made my own history based curriculum & it was too hard. This next year I would like to use TOG Yr1. I found a great deal on a Classic version (already purchased), but I am wondering if I should "upgrade" to Redesigned? I am not affraid of a little work. In fact, I will likely adapt things as I go anyway. I just cannot spend the 6+ hours it took weekly this past year for preparation. Money is tight, but time is money! I'll gladly pay more if I can spend less time preparing and more time teaching. I would like an honest opinion on what YOU would do. Thank you.

The classic worked well for years and got rave reviews here. It must not have been that bad, right?

Seriously, I used both. I would think you will notice the changes in the higher grades really. You should be just fine.

I just sold my classic year 2 for $70 with map aids. I see it's WAAAY more than that for redesign. Are the changes worth it? That's debateable.

I don't think you'll be displeased necessarily - just buy it and put the redesign out of your mind. One good thing - people aren't necessarily looking for classic recommendations anymore so you may be able to find them more easily now - not sure. Some of them though, may be out of print and unavailable but those will be very few. Our library had almost all of the classic books whereas I had to buy quite a few redesign suggestions so that may save more too.

Best wishes.