Menu

Disney ??? re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

To all you Disney World experts, we are planning to go to Disney World the first 2 weeks of December. We will be going to the MVMCP. I was planning to buy advanced tickets, but I've been reading some message boards on the topic and they suggest waiting until much closer to the date to look at the weather forecast before purchasing tickets. We only have specific plans for one night of the 2 weeks so far so we can be very flexible. I was planning to go on a weekday anyway. Do you think I'll be able to get tickets if I wait to see what the weather will be if I want to go on a less busy night anyway?

I know I will have many more questions before we leave for this trip :D. I've already read many of the WTM posts on this topic...

Thanks so much!

Mendy

We went in December 2009, and bought our tickets right before the party. Like you, I debated whether to take the chance and buy in advance to get the discount. My twins were 5, and I wasn't sure about the weather or their moods after all that stimulation. :lol: We didn't have any problems purchasing at the gate. I highly doubt it will sell out on a weeknight. Either way, you should be fine. Like pps have said, the nights in December can be very cool so be prepared.

I am currently planning another trip in January, and planned to use TGM like I did the last trip. However, his site is not getting good reviews from previous users any longer, and he is very slow in updating best/worst park days. I found a site (easywdw.com I think) that basically does the same thing for free, if you want to check it out. :001_smile:

Oh, and enjoy the MVMCP! Yes, it was pricey and it was crowded, even on a weeknight. But it was worth doing it at least once...the parade and fireworks were fantastic, and my girls loved dancing with the stepsisters. :D