Menu

Making a post with a quote in it

There are three ways:

1) When you are replying to a message you can click on the "quote" button and then delete the parts you don't want there.

2) When typing a response, you can select the text you want quoted and then click on the 'quote' icon - you know the menu above the text box? On the line with the B[old] I[talics] and U[nderline] buttons, there is a button between the one with a mountain and the # button. It will put "quote" tags around whatever you have selected.

3) You can cut and paste the text you want quoted and then put the word "quote" in [brackets ] in front of the text and /quote in brackets at the end of the text you want quoted.

Thanks Eliana! I am testing the first method in this post:)

• 1 month later...

Let's see if this works.

You got it - hurrah!!

I remember the dispropotionate pleasure I felt when I was shown how to select text and make it a link - I was beaming!

[if you want to try it:

you select the text you want to have be a link and then click on the icon with the globe & link (4 buttons to the left of the quote button) and then enter the url you want... the button with the link X-ed out in red removes the link.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember the dispropotionate pleasure I felt when I was shown how to select text and make it a link - I was beaming!

[if you want to try it:

you select the text you want to have be a link and then click on the icon with the globe & link (4 buttons to the left of the quote button) and then enter the url you want... the button with the link X-ed out in red removes the link.

testing as well....

http://jssgallery.org/index.htm

[if you want to try it:

testing as well....

http://jssgallery.org/index.htm

hmm still working on making the quote box show up

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
You got it - hurrah!!

[if you want to try it:

I'll do one here:

The Well trained Mind that should take you to the Amazon page for TWTM book....]

Testing

Amazon.com