Menu

Need a paradigm shift in how we homeschool, or will send ds to ps.

The teacher will not have time to make sure he keeps working. Trust me - I knew a lot of male students in middle school who managed to do NO WORK all day in a classroom. Lots of doodling.

With mine - all privledges were lost until work was done. ALL.

I think you are at the point where everything he owns needs taken away. He can earn his stuff back by showing he is mature enough to do his work.

All he would keep would be bed/blanket/pillow and his clothes. Everything else would be boxed up and put away.

Seriously - do this now or he will never learn to work well.

She does a 4 day school week with one being Saturday and does school through the summer.

:iagree:I was just wondering if weekends were an option for schooling your DS, Laura Q? I certainly understand not wanting to short-change your DD by spending three intense days with your DS- but what if you spread out his teacher-intensive time over the whole week?

For the record- I think a psych eval/possibly meds are both great ideas, regardless of whether you continue HSing or send him to PS. Also a big believer in character training! I don't think there's anything wrong with sending a child to school- but I concur with others that have said that PS will not necessarily fix this, and may bring its own set of major headaches.