Menu

If we use FLL3, do we need WWE 2??

golfcartmama

Just wondering...I was looking through the FLL 3 to start scheduling it today and it seems to have quite a bit of narration and dictation, so do we really need WWE as well? We also are doing IEW's All Things Fun and Fascinating this year. We're on WWE 2 if it matters! I'm not really trying to trim anything, but I also don't want/need overkill, kwim?

If I remember correctly, there were only about 5 narrations in FLL 3.

I think it needs to be worked on much more than that.

But I also think it is easy to add to your history or science or literature, so you might not need WWE 2, but you should be working on simple copyworks and narrations several times a week, not several times a year.

There's very little overlap between WWE and FLL. I would be more concerned about overlap between WWE and IEW:AFF. How much writing (daily/weekly) does it expect of kids? If it's 3-5 times a week (2-3 sentences each), I would think you could skip WWE. If it's less than that, I'd probably do both, or just buy the WWE text (The Complete Writer) and make an attempt to incorporate the principles into daily work without doing the WWE workbook.

Thanks, I appreciate your responses! I should have looked at all of the lessons for narration and counted. I think we'll do both just to keep up with narration. It's a weak point with ds so a little extra won't hurt.

The AFF is more for 'creative' writing per say. We used Write Source last year (which we loved), but we were looking for a change of pace. It looks fun! We may have to put them back in ps after this year at home so I need to be sure he's prepared for what he might encounter assignment wise there.