Menu

Need Help Choosing Printer...Please?

agst1967

I know many claim that laser is the way to go' date=' but honestly I have a Brother ink jet that is cheaper than a laser to operate and is in full color. If you find one that takes the LC-51 or LC-61 cartridges, you can buy them for about a buck each on amazon or ebay by buying generic ink in bulk.

I just did a thing not too long ago, I posted about it on here, but I figured it was taking me less than a penny to print each page and that counted paper as well (which I only buy when I can get a whole case for $25 or less.. usually it's like $45 bogo at Staples if you watch for a sale).[/quote']

Ditto .... Brother "no name brand" cartridges are super cheap.

I know many claim that laser is the way to go' date=' but honestly I have a Brother ink jet that is cheaper than a laser to operate and is in full color. If you find one that takes the LC-51 or LC-61 cartridges, you can buy them for about a buck each on amazon or ebay by buying generic ink in bulk.

I just did a thing not too long ago, I posted about it on here, but I figured it was taking me less than a penny to print each page and that counted paper as well (which I only buy when I can get a whole case for $25 or less.. usually it's like $45 bogo at Staples if you watch for a sale).[/quote']

What Brother model do you have for this cheap ink? I've been searching out the lasers, since my Canon inkjet needs nozzle cleaning and is printing unevenly. I'd be willing to go cheap yet, before the hefty color laser.

.[/quote']

I've always been nervous to try the generic ink since the manual of course says it nulls any warranty,blah, blah, but their ink is so expensive. Would you be willing to link what ink you get? I have a Brother that uses LC61 and that would be awesome.:001_smile:

I have a Kodak ESP 7250 all-in-one....the ink is cheap and lasts quite a long time, even with lots of printing. The bonus (for me) is it also has a second tray for photo paper, so I can print photos too without having to change the paper in the tray and then change it back when I'm done.