Menu

Those of you with high schoolers who have taken the SAT II Bio test...

Did your students take "E" or "M"? May I ask the reasoning?

The "rumor" is that the ecology material is easier, the test is harder. The molecular material is harder, the test on that material is easier. I'm curious what your students found the case to be.

As always, I thank you for your guidance.

Jane

My son took "M". At least four years ago he heard that the "M" was easier since the texts did a better job preparing the student for the "M". There is a difference in average score -- I thought the M was higher than the E, but I could be mistaken and I don't know where you would find the information.

My son took the "E" and did really well -- but he tests ridiculously well, so it means nothing. Ds did not like cells (and intends to never take another bio course again!) so the E made more sense for him.

There is a difference in average score -- I thought the M was higher than the E, but I could be mistaken and I don't know where you would find the information.

The impression that I also have from reading various things on the Internet is that the average on the M is higher. There is the theory that M material is harder so the questions are easier, but, in my mind, I'm wondering if the pre-med bunch is drawn to the M. I would expect pre-med types to raise the bar on scores.

My son is far more interested in ecology (having done Envirothon competitions for four years now) than molecular biology, so I think that he should go with the E exam. This has been his intention all along, but Mumsy likes doing her research.

Thanks Gwen!

Jane