Menu

SOTW booklists

Soror

I have searched but cannot find a list by chapter of rec. books for SoTW. I have seen the list at Paula's archives but she doesn't have a list like that(that I saw). I was hoping to save myself the trouble of searching through and typing them- I want a quick list to take to the library.

Guest momk2000
I do have the AG, but I don't want to take that to the library everytime- I thought perhaps someone else had already typed it all out for easier access, filing and planning.

I am thinking of having the binding cut off my copy, so I don't have to carry the whole book around. :)

Try this:

http://homescool-ed.blogspot.com/2007/04/sonlight-books-arranged-by-well-trained.html

It's books recommended by TWTM, by stage and cycle. The only thing I don't like is that almost every one of the books is USA centered. SOTW is about the WORLD, not just the US.

Can't you just make a list from your AG of a few you're interested in and see if they have those? Does your library have a website? If so, look them up and request them from home. Our library has a great site that encompasses all the military libraries in Europe and I look up books there with my AG beside me on the sofa. They shoot me an email when it comes in and I just go pick it up. The library we had in the States had a great online catalog too, but the librarian said almost no one ever used it. Check to see if yours has one.

Edited by Mom in High Heels

I do have the AG, but I don't want to take that to the library everytime- I thought perhaps someone else had already typed it all out for easier access, filing and planning.

Ah, gotcha. Does your library have a hold system? I just sit at home and find the books online, put them on hold, then go to the library and pick up the stack of books with my name on them. Easy peasy.

Also, not helpful for you today, but for the future... My method is to type up the books that my library has during the week long break we take every 6 weeks. I keep a spreadsheet.

No one can legally share with you the typed up version of the AG list, as that's copyright.

Ah, gotcha. Does your library have a hold system? I just sit at home and find the books online, put them on hold, then go to the library and pick up the stack of books with my name on them. Easy peasy.

Also, not helpful for you today, but for the future... My method is to type up the books that my library has during the week long break we take every 6 weeks. I keep a spreadsheet.

No one can legally share with you the typed up version of the AG list, as that's copyright.

This is exactly what I do. Actually, I'm going through SOTW 1 and 4 this year with different kids so I really need to be organized! I'm sitting down right now doing 6 week chunks at a time in each book writing in pencil next to the books listed whether they are at our library or if I have to get them from ILL. I use the online catalog to figure this out. Then, I'll probably order books 2-3 weeks out depending on how I need to get them. All done from my computer at home and one trip to the reserve shelf at the library! Easy peasy!

I didn't even think about the copyright, just trying to save time here. We do have a hold system but it works better for me to have a list and I really really didn't want to type them all, sigh! I am already typing out all we need for the science. Besides the fact that I'm likely going to have to request several books.