Menu

Does making a final curriculum decision make you depressed?

It's as if the decision process is the most fun part of it all. I listen. I investigate. I research. I talk to dh for endless hours. I snoop at homeschool conferences. I pray for guidance. But when I finally press the *purchase* button, I get cold feet and butterflies in my stomach. But choose I must. I cannot do everything that I want so much to do. Time is flying. To choose means to give up lovely things for the sake of other things. Happens every year. :sad:

That's part of the reason I choose everything individually and don't buy everything at once. I've spent a couple of months hashing out history, made my decision, and now, onto science! I did get rather low when I bought everything all at once. Now I always have something to research, and once I'm done for this year, there's next year. :D

It's as if the decision process is the most fun part of it all. I listen. I investigate. I research. I talk to dh for endless hours. I snoop at homeschool conferences. I pray for guidance. But when I finally press the *purchase* button, I get cold feet and butterflies in my stomach. But choose I must. I cannot do everything that I want so much to do. Time is flying. To choose means to give up lovely things for the sake of other things. Happens every year. :sad:

I sooooo relate to this! I feel an intense pressure to pick the 'best' thing..... but there's no real way to know for sure what the best thing is. I hate that I can't do everything.