Menu

VT update

Well, my DD just had her evaluation after 24 weeks of VT. This was the original estimation of length of treatment for her.

She has gone from a 1.7 to about 3.1 grade reading level. Her tracking is much improved, her convergence is much improved, and her accommodation has improved. Her vision is great in other words.

However, we are recommended to do more sessions for her processing skills. So we aren't done yet.

I have been getting a bit frustrated. She has no struggles with the exercises each week. She grudgingly flies through them, but I'm not seeing much application outside of lessons.

Of course I am overjoyed with the progress she has made so far - no regrets there. I just wish this portion of the therapy was delivering as well. Plus we are observing other small non-vision issues that I know we will have to deal with once therapy is done.

All right, moping is done with. Thanks for listening.

After the huge gains in the beginning, the slow down is disappointing. It was that way for me when my son was going thru VT. THe changes were smaller and needed less intensive work from home, and well,fine tuning was just not as exciting.

Congratulations on her progress though! That is just terrific!

After the huge gains in the beginning, the slow down is disappointing. It was that way for me when my son was going thru VT. THe changes were smaller and needed less intensive work from home, and well,fine tuning was just not as exciting.

Congratulations on her progress though! That is just terrific!

I'm relieved to hear that this is somewhat expected. That really helps. And thanks for the congrats too. It's been hard work.