Menu

Need help with testing questions i have.... please! :)

ok. so dd has testing scheduled for this coming monday. its 3 hours. after much "% ^#!%%#!!!" this is what they have told me. she is having an achievment test, and and IQ test and an intake interview. she should be being evaluated for dyselxia, dysgraphia, dyscaulia, aspergers and bipolar. the said the above tests will diagnosis the learning disabilities part and if they feel she is possibly on the spectrum she would be referred then for that test. bipolar is something i would talk to the psychologist about and our first appointment with him is sept. 1.

does this all seem "right" to everyone?? i want to make sure this doesnt get messed up and then im paying tons out of pocket that we so can not afford!

thanks so much for any input at all! :grouphug:

Who is doing the testing on Monday? What type of professional? I don't see why they need to do an additional referral to see if she is on the spectrum. One neuropsychologist can administer all of these tests. Seems like this will cost you extra money in the long run if you go to different testing/evaluation dates.

A psychologist can determine if your child has the following:

bi-polar

ASD

ADHD

depression

anxiety disorders (OCD, etc.)

other psychological and/or behavioral issues

A psychologist also administers achievement tests and IQ tests.

A neuropsychologist can determine all of the above, plus any specific learning disabilities, AND neurological disorders such as Tourette's syndrome. A neuropsychologist would be "one stop shopping". That said, we liked our psychologist much better than our neuropsychologist. She did a much better job with testing/evaluations.

Edited by Misty