Menu

Calling Dr. Hive ... rashes

Dd11 just came to show me a rash that popped up overnight. It is a sandpaper-like rash on her face and chest that looks like prickly heat. She wasn't in any terribly warm situations lately. In fact, she was in air-conditioned spaces for much of the last 24 hours. She doesn't feel sick, but seems a little colder than usual (she's usually needs more clothes than the rest of us.) Any ideas?

The only things she did out of the ordinary was go climbing at a gym out of town (not likely contact issues because she was fairly covered) and we ate at a restaurant we have never been to - but she didn't have any unusual food.

No fever. No strep - throat looks normal. Her face does look like she was slapped, but her trunk looks more like the prickly heat rash I saw online. She did have a slight cold about a week ago. It's possible that it is 5th's disease, but I thought she already had it. No one we know has mentioned anything about it. She seems fine other than this rash. Good thing we don't know any pregnant women.

I think I'll take a wait and see approach.