Menu

Sing, Spell, Read and Write PreK (SSRW)

zelli21

What is your opinion of SSWR PreK? Is there something similar that is better/cheaper or a collection of programs that are more effective?

I like that it covers everything and includes singing which means dancing, a favorite activity of DS. Per the website it teaches colors, shapes, visual discrimination, matching, opposites, classification, story sequence, coloring, tracing, letter recognition, letter sounds, auditory discrimination, and oral vocabulary development. One product description said that it includes shoe manipulatives.

If you've used it, what did you think?</SPAN>

I don't teach pre-k (I actually don't believe in pre-school ;) ), but I do use SSRW. I use the 1st grade level beginning in K and I move through the program and their pace.....some finish most of it in K, some don't finish it until after 1st. I love the program and it is my favorite part of teaching. (I will be using it with my 6th child this fall. I have used it with all my kids except my oldest.)