Menu

Elemental History!

4maybabies

Would this be appropriate for a 9yr old?

I am going to use it with my 7 & 9 yr olds. Just as written, it would probably be too light for the 9 yr old, but I'm beefing it up with some living books from Queen's, using some American history readers from SL, and having her do the copywork in cursive. I also have other state books & a state cookbook that we will probably use.

Edited by happyWImom
grammar error

We just started this today. I made my own state study that we are doing as a family so I took that part out of the program.

I am using it with my dd who is 5. She went through the whole book (I spiral bound the parts we are using for her). She did see one or two pictures she didn't really care for, but I think she will like them when we get to those stories.

I was not impressed with the book selection. My dd would never allow me to read a book for 2 weeks. It would be torture for her. I will be substituting my own books intead of what is presented.

I am also going to change some of the copywork sentences.

"Many of the recommended read alouds are the same books used in Sonlight's Core 3(D)."

What are the 10 recommended read-alouds? i.e. I'm horrible at all the library visits so wanted to see potentially what books I may already have or will be getting when we get to core 3 and can purchase in advance... etc....

Was very excited to hear that this was being released now as we are just doing some filler history before we begin SOTW1 and Sonlights core B/1 History with it.