Menu

Cheating in Schools

This sad and shocking article just came out about cheating in Atlanta schools: CRCT Report: Answers Changed At 'Erasure Parties'

While I know cheating takes place -- sadly, that's life -- the extent of the cheating outlined here blows me away! How do we teach students not to plagiarize when teachers and principals are setting this kind of an example?

~Brigid

Wow Brigid,

So widespread--the majority of Atlanta schools, 78.6%-- cooking the test books.

I favor a return to olden times, where most schools in most of the country were private and/or locally run. Since that's unlikely, maybe there's a potential market for independent companies that administer school tests with lots of safeguards and controls built in.

Very sad! But how is it much different than being able to take an ACT 10 times and then picking your very best score? :tongue_smilie: I'm not totally serious with that comment, but I personally think that ALL this darn testing is a ridiculous waste of time and energy!

But take heart, because at least those forward thinking Californians are going to be finally letting the kids know the sexual orientation of the movers and shakers of history.