Menu

Help with this bibliography entry

My ds14 needs to put his works cited in MLA format. We use EasyBib to help, but I don't know how to sort this one out.

The article was published in 1984 and the author's name is Wayne A Brindle.

Published in Bibliotheca Sacra, 141 no 563 Jl-S 1984, p 223-233.

So the journal name is Bibliotheca Sacra, I'm assuming.

Which number is the volume? Issue? Series?

I have to list each of those separately.

My ds14 needs to put his works cited in MLA format. We use EasyBib to help, but I don't know how to sort this one out.

The article was published in 1984 and the author's name is Wayne A Brindle.

Published in Bibliotheca Sacra, 141 no 563 Jl-S 1984, p 223-233.

So the journal name is Bibliotheca Sacra, I'm assuming.

Which number is the volume? Issue? Series?

I have to list each of those separately.

I tried to look at an article from Bibliotheca Sacra to see what their format is, but that journal isn't listed in any of the databases that I have access to. Typically the volume # would come first, "no 563" would be the issue #, and JL-S 1984 is probably the series if one is required. Each journal is a little different, so that last part is throwing me without seeing it. If it's really important that you get it cited perfectly, you could go to the journal's site (http://www.dts.edu/publications/bibliothecasacra/) and call or email for citation help - they'll be glad to do it. Otherwise, it would be correctly cited in MLA to just have the Volume and Issue properly listed.

HTH!

I tried to look at an article from Bibliotheca Sacra to see what their format is, but that journal isn't listed in any of the databases that I have access to.

Thanks. He is required to submit everything in MLA format and we have never used a source like this one before.

The article is here: The Causes of the Divison of Israel's Kingdom

In my profession opinion (;)), the correct MLA citation would look like this:

Brindle, Wayne A. "The Causes of the Division of Israel's Kingdom." Bibliotheca Sacra 141.563 (1984): 223-233. Web. Date retrieved.

or ending with Name of Database. Date retrieved. (depending on where he located the article).

The second line gets indented beneath the first.