Menu

Digital camera experts (Ree? are you here?) may I ....

I shoot in both raw and jpeg on the same card. In fact, one of my camera's options is to record both ways at the same time. My camera uses an SD card, but I can't imagine that it would make a difference. So, yeah, you should be able to on the same card.

But honestly... 99% of what's needed is fulfilled with the jpgs.

I know - but with vacation looming, and a once in a lifetime chance to show my kids Yosemite and S. Calif. - I want to. get the best quality shots I can manage.

Yep, you can. The benefits off RAW are that you can change the exposure in post-processing - so let's say you underexposed an image when you snapped the pic, you can fix it in RAW using Adobe Bridge and Photoshop. Better to underexpose than overexpose, because if you blowout the highlights, there will be no data there to fix - it'll just register as white.

That's what is so great about digital. You can use different formats, different ISO levels, and more without changing a single roll of film! It will all be captured on the same card, and if you need to know what settings you used it records everything in the EXIF info.

That sounds like a great vacation. Have lots of fun!!