Menu

Mr. Q Science and the ESP labs

Hunter

That looks good. My computer is choking on it though. And I really want to do things a bit more hands on. I really want to be able to quickly sketch a sloppy data table and graph and have it be an easy habit.

But, I think maybe...some science questions are not best answered with a tight model of what we refer to as the scientific method...and do NOT fit into variables, tables and graphs?

I bought the Earth Science text and have printed a big chunk of the TM. I'm going to sit down with it this evening and really study it. I'm just going to read the color student book on my iPad.

I think a lot of people are finding the labs to be at a higher level than the text. Instead of putting me off, I appreciate that. I want to just concentrate on basic scientific literacy and labs right now and am thankful not to have to get bogged down in details.

My problems with hands-on labs are multiple. For starters, I am no good with science. I can read and understand it just fine but I stink with labs. Also, I'm not very good with messes. Call it a character flaw. :D But our single biggest problem is simply time. My DD is a competitive gymnast training 24 hours per week. She is in the gym five days a week, 4-5 hours per day. Also, she is just going to be in 4th grade. I'm thinking we'll forgo the labs for now and when she's older, and not having to do grammar, reading comprehension and the like, we'll do some labs. For right now, virtual is the way to go.

Dragon faerie, I totally understand about working children. It changes EVERYTHING! I don't think the lives of working children are better or worse, but they are CERTAINLY different.

Once we choose the rocks in our lives, then we have to sift sand into the crevices, wherever those crevices are, and in whatever shape they are.

Mr Q. e-mailed me this link to some ESP generic worksheets. They are just perfect for me right now. What a blessing. He warned me he is taking them down at the end of the summer.

http://eequalsmcq.com/park%20university.htm