Menu

Anyone here from Webster County, West Virginia?

My 14 y/o ds is on a missions trip somewhere down there. Over 450 youth from across the country (22 from our church) are repairing & doing various work jobs for an elderly and handicapped community. I'm wondering what it's like and perhaps you've seen a boatload of kids in the area? We hear it's VERY rural which these kids aren't use to.

Oh my goodness! I thought I had read that wrong. Certainly no one knows where Webster Co. is :D. I do not live there, but my mother grew up there. I guess I still have cousins there.

Very rural is an understatement. There are no fast food restaurants, no Wal-marts, very few stop lights, tons and tons of mountains and curves. I can't remember how far the county goes, but Webster Springs is a blink and you miss it town. It has been six years since I've been there (for my uncle's funeral) so maybe it's changed, but I doubt much. It's one of those places where time kind of stands still. It hadn't changed much from the last time I had been there years before.

All that said, it is VERY beautiful!!

It would be a great place for a mission trip.