Menu

my 7yrs old daughter

happycc

who will be entering 2nd grade. struggles and struggles with me. Homeschooling her next year so she can have some more hands on work. PS system I think just has too many kids in the classroom to accomodate that for her.

So I am looking for a montessori based curriculum-....

Looking at Right Start, Shiller Math and Brillant Minds.

I really like the Brillant Minds materials but concerned that she will outgrow the curriculum quickly. I have older kids 4th grade and up and don't think that curriculum can be used for 4th grade or higher.

Looked at the Right Start manipulatives and not very sure if it will really "reach" her.

Shiller math-I don't know much about it.

Or maybe i should just get my hands on some albums and start ordering manipulatives from kidadvance that I might use?

Experiences anyone?

Thanks for the suggestions of Miquon, Math U See and Math By Hand. Math U see videos drove me nuts when I used it years a go. Miquon-i have used before. It didn;t work for me. Math by Hand looks interesting.

I still think the Montessori manipulatives are the way to go for my daughter. She needs teacher directed teaching of the manipulatives.

THank you for your review of Right Start. I am rethinking everything again... ugh!

I think that buying an album and manipulatives will help her. I have found concepts really stick with this method, even when I haven't pulled out the materials in a long time, my son will mention things he's learned. It is an investment, though, even when you order from a "cheaper" place like Kid Advance (I really like them.)