Menu

s/o of birth age thread

I had my children in my earlier 20s, and -so far- have been really pleased with the timing of motherhood

I'm amazed you're so young :lol:. Although I was much too 'young' to have children in my twenties, it's obviously not true for everyone. I always love your posts and know when I 'see you' that you'll have something worthwhile to say. You have wisdom beyond your years :001_smile:.

Best wishes

Cassy

I was 29 when I had my first. I wish I had been younger (I feel ancient these days especially compared to my child-free older sister) but at the same time I wouldn't trade the first childless marital years either. So I guess I've got a happy medium.

I'm amazed you're so young :lol:. Although I was much too 'young' to have children in my twenties, it's obviously not true for everyone. I always love your posts and know when I 'see you' that you'll have something worthwhile to say. You have wisdom beyond your years :001_smile:.

Best wishes

Cassy

:001_wub:

I appreciate that. My head just swelled so big, it'll be a challenge to get through the front door. Better I sit here on the Internets for a wee bit longer to let the swelling go down LOL. The grocery store will just have to wait!

I've definitely grown up alongside my kids. I wasn't so young that our relationship is brother/sister-like, but I was young enough that my kids have born witness to my maturing from a young adult into a real, live Grown Up. The Metamorphosis. Time will tell whether this will prove to be a positive role-model type of experience for them, or if it will provide justifications for them to make some of the same embarassing poor choices that I have. ::knocks on wood it's the former!::

I was barely 20 when I had my first-born and spent about 10 years always being the youngest mom on the block. Now I am 40 and have begun to be the age of the mothers of my younger kids' ages! My youngest is 1 and I am as enthused about parenting her as when I had my first. I feel pretty energetic, but need to work out to be in better shape and to stay energetic.

I have to say that even though I think I am still young and looking fine for my age, then my teens still think I am old, old, old and almost un-hip. I am not sure there is a way to combat that unless you have kids when in your teens!!

I don't regret having my kids. If we had lived in one country and not moved around, then I would have liked to have had a career. As it were, then I married and moved and then moved a few more times, so kids and homeschooling sort of became my mold. Still need to re-define what I want to do, though, as now have two in college and need to do something else to not feel old and sad about the kids growing up.