Menu

Which activity guide/manual do you prefer with VP History?

Aloha2U

Which activity guide/manual do you prefer when doing VP supplemented w/SOTW?  

1. 1. Which activity guide/manual do you prefer when doing VP supplemented w/SOTW?

• VP Manual
    • SOTW Activity Guide
    • VP and SOTW (together)
    • HTTA Activity-Pak
    • Evan-Moor History Pockets
    • other resource(s)

Just a little background first. We'll be starting VP's OTAE supplemented with Diana Waring's Ancient Civilizations & the Bible audios and SOTW1 (for a narrative read aloud). I plan on using the VP Manual along with Home School in the Woods "Old Testament" Activity-Pak.

Now perhaps this has been asked before, so I hope you all will bear with me here, but I'm curious to know... for those of you who have done VP History supplemented with SOTW... which activity guide/manual do you prefer? Also, does the time frame being studied (OTAE, NTGR, MARR, etc.) make a difference in your preference? Please share what you use if you select "other resource(s)" from the poll.

TIA!

:001_smile: Melissa

ETA: Multiple selections are allowed in the poll. Also, this poll does not include timeline and map work.

Edited by NCAmusings

I slightly prefer the SOTW activity pages b/c of the mapping and coloring pages, puzzles, etc. The VP pages have more worksheet Q&As that drive me and my DS nuts. The VP guide does have good project ideas too though. In a perfect world, I would have a guide that is exactly like the SOTW AG but is written to match the VP cards exactly. But, using both guides works for us for now.