Menu

BJU Science DVDs v. DIVE CDs v. LOGOS labs

I'd like a little clarification if you please :)

First of all, the budget is limited, and second, I am capable of teaching the sciences, but we don't have ability to do all the labs in house.

If I'm able to discuss concepts as dc are learning, is there any necessity for the lecture BJU DVDs? Are the BJU DVDs for labs valuable as a stand-alone if doing the rest of the chapter work as scheduled? Is this a presentation of the lab being done and the instructor gives the data to be recorded verbally so dc can complete the analysis? Do I get to keep the lab DVDs or are they also just a rental like the lecture DVDs?

How do the DIVE CDs compare and what do they include?

Has anyone used the LOGOS labs that are designed to coordinate with a variety of different curricula (e.g., BJU, Apologia,...)? Were they worth it?

Thanks!

I plan on iusing BJU Physical Science in 8th w/ Dive Intro to Phys/Chem. I will just buy the BJU student book, Dive cd includes workbook pages,tests, videos of lessons and labs). I will also buy the Dive rec lab kit from Nature's Workshop to go with it, even thogh it is pricey! HTH!