Menu

Mac users: what personal finance app do you like?

I'm looking to bring my home financial tracking into the current millennium. :tongue_smilie: I do it all in a spiral notebook at this time, but am fantasizing about having it on my laptop instead. Anyone have any recs?

I have used Quicken on pc briefly years upon years ago, and I use Quickbooks for my husband's companies, so I'm very comfortable with that layout, so if it would be user-friendly, but for Mac, that would be probably the best.

I have used a few things as well as making my own spreadsheet on Excel, but now I use MONEYWELL on the Mac... got it through the App Store (but you don't have to have an account with the company or even be online to use it).

I like it because it works almost like the envelope system and then you can track your spending according to your actual budget -

For example, I can set it up to allow for $350 for groceries, $30 for dining out, and $50 for entertainment per month, etc.... then it lets you know when you have gone over your allotment for each category. If you go over, you must borrow from another category. Or, you can just simply track your spending in general, but it also lets you keep track of multiple savings accounts, credit card accounts, etc.

I just love it! (and there are quite a few videos to watch if you need help.. it was a bit confusing at first.

I like it because it works almost like the envelope system and then you can track your spending according to your actual budget -

For example, I can set it up to allow for $350 for groceries, $30 for dining out, and $50 for entertainment per month, etc.... then it lets you know when you have gone over your allotment for each category. If you go over, you must borrow from another category. Or, you can just simply track your spending in general, but it also lets you keep track of multiple savings accounts, credit card accounts, etc.

Interesting. I might have to check that out.