Menu

MM1 or ABK Arithmetic 1

sixtimemomma

We have done both. Abeka for K-2 (well half of 2 before we switched to MM). It's true; I saw DD8 figure out formulas and she knew how to work it. If she saw a problem written in a different fashion in any way, she couldn't do it. She was so weak on story problems, it was difficult for her when there were no blanks to fill in.

I LOVE Math Mammoth, and will do it from the beginning with our youngest. Actually, I think I'll use Abeka K math, as it teaches number recognition so well IMO, but in first grade, we will go with MM and stay with it. I don't have to comb through lines and lines of teacher's guides to see what my children actually need to practice. :glare: Abeka would have me practice something with her every day and then practice again in the workbook, and we didn't need that. I felt like it sucked all of my time away with 2, soon to be 3, maths going. Math Mammoth is to the point, clearly and succinctly explained, and the child gets math concepts.

Love MM. :001_smile: