Menu

Artistic Pursuits - differences btw Senior and Junior High

I'm considering Artistic Pursuits for my twins. They are almost 13. They both have natural artistic abilities and do well mimicking other art work. Artistic Pursuits looks interesting but I'm not sure which level to start with.

Anyone have experience with both the Junior High and Senior High books? It looks like the books cover the same aspects of art, with the HS level more in depth maybe. I like the sample step-by-step on the Junior High description page. Is there enough step-by-step in the Senior High books or is it assumed you don't need the step-by-step at that level?

Can anyone weigh in on the difference between Senior and Junior High books?

Thanks.

Jill

I am also deciding between Junior or Senior High AP. My dc will be 8th and 9th next year and we've never done any formal art. We will probably start with the JH level since we'll have time to finish all four books.

You are correct in that the same concepts are addressed in both levels and that there is a bit more depth in the HS book. The HS book will address the student in a more mature manner also.

The rep also said that you only need one manual since there is nothing to be written in the books. You just need to have your dc do their lessons on different days or at different times on the same day. He also said that while it is not imperative that the books be done in order (drawing in b/w, then color), there are some color concepts that are better understood and applied if the b/w book has been completed.

HTH,

PameLA in VA