Menu

Corded steam cleaning mop? i.e. Shark Steam Mop

This concept intrigues me. My swiffer mop broke and I thought I'd try the Shark Steam Mop. I like that it doesn't use chemicals. You pour in tap water, plug it in, and mop by steam cleaning the hard floors. Oh and it's less than 3 lbs. I purchased one from Target today but I haven't yet opened the box.

Do you own one? Is it worth the $80? Or do you own something similar?

I have one. I was disappointed at first, and thought it really wasn't worth the money. But my problem was that I wanted it to completely take the place of my other mops. Unfortunately it doesn't work well on my tile kitchen floor, because it's not a completely smooth floor (grooves, grout, etc.).

Since then I've come to really appreciate it for what it is. A great mop for smooth floors, or a quick cleaning/shine on a lightly dirty floor. I use it all the time on my laminate floors, and my smooth bathroom tile floors, and it's wonderful. As long as I use it almost daily (with 4 small kids underfoot) it can keep up with the kitchen floor, otherwise I have to get out the "real" mop.

I'd recommend buying extra pads for it, mine have come in handy since I use it so often. :) I can't say whether it was worth the money... but since it's here, it comes in very handy.