Menu

Things you can/can't take on a plane

We will have some down time on our upcoming trip and I was thinking about bringing stuff to crochet. But then I wondered if I can bring a crochet hook in my carry-on as we are not planning to check bags. It's not sharp, but seems like it might be something the TSA would get upset about. I don't need a pat-down over a crochet hook. Then I wondered if dd could bring her plastic canvas to work on, but that has a good sized needle.

I couldn't find any info about these items on the TSA page. Does anyone know if they would be problems? Thanks!

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1252.shtm

Knitting needles are permitted in your carry-on baggage or checked baggage. Items needed to pursue a Needlepoint project are permitted in your carry-on baggage or checked baggage with the exception of circular thread cutters or any cutter with a blade contained inside which cannot go through the checkpoint and must go in your checked baggage.

You should be fine, but my understanding is that it's ultimately up to the TSA agent. Whenever I've flown with my knitting stuff, I've brought a large self-addressed stamped envelope with me, so that if they do decide I can't bring them on, I'm not going to be losing them for good.

You should be fine, but my understanding is that it's ultimately up to the TSA agent. Whenever I've flown with my knitting needles, I've brought a large self-addressed stamped envelope with me, so that if they do decide I can't bring them on, I'm not going to be losing them for good.