Menu

Writing With Ease

Amy713

Yes, we do both. Without WWE, we just weren't getting enough copywork (meaning, I wasn't good about making sure we did it), and he was giving me some resistance to narration, so I wanted to go back and start from scratch (we had just been doing SOTW, which starts a little further along and isn't quite as explicit WRT narration). Sometimes I leave out the writing in FLL, sometimes I have him do both (he's a pretty strong writer).

Tell me about FLL? I am new around here, sort of started posting after deciding on SotW for History next year independent of reading WTM, and am now interested in doing WWE as well.

What is FLL? Not even familiar with the acronym.

FLL is First Language Lessons it's a grammer program or that is how I see it. It is teacher intensive. It is very scripted. I like it. Dd loves it we used it in 1st and now are using it in 2nd grade. I think you can get some samples from Amazon or Story of the world home page. I think it's gentle and quick just 15-20 mins a day. I include GWG with it because it has more worksheet practice but I like the explanation and the repetition of the definitions of sentences, nouns, adjective, advebs, verbs, etc. that are required. I also like poem memorization.

I am glad we use it.

Thx for the input. I read a sample page or two on Amazon. It looks very promising, but wasn't sure if it would be too overwhelming in addition to FLL. Narration is something that we (I) struggle with, so any help in bumping that up would be appreciated. Thanks again and happy summer!