Menu

Bread Dipping Oil: How should I do this?

This is probably a silly question, but I'm operating on very little sleep and a good amount of stress right now. I've got ds' graduation dinner just about prepped and the house almost finished. I went with a mostly Italian menu and took someone's suggestion for bread and dipping oil, but I clearly did not think this through well. We are using paper and plastic since I don't have enough dishes and flatware for 24 (!) people. Everyone will help themselves to food from a serving table and then sit down. How do I serve the oil? Does everyone need an individual plate? Would little styro dessert plates work for that? Should I put bowls of the oil on the table for folks to spoon some onto their plates there and avoid dribbling oil across the room on the way to the tables? Is there a better way? Am I freaking out over nothing? Am I going to lose my mind? Will I ever find it again? Wait, don't answer the last few questions. Just please someone tell me what to do with the oil:willy_nilly:

Use a small "bread plate" and have them in places where two or three people can share each plate. We pour the EVOO then we put a "dash" of balsamic vinager in a neat design, crack some black pepper over it and voila! We actually do this every time we have Italian food. :)