Menu

itunes playlist--can I make a playlist one cd track?

I have made weekly playlists on my itunes. Within each week, I have multiple tracks.

I would like to burn to a cd for easier car listening, but I would like all the items on the playlist "week 1" to be played as track one on the cd (instead of 10 tracks). Can I do this? How?

Amy

Not without a lot of work. HOWEVER - does your car cd player play mp3's? Many do, but few people use this feature. If it does, you can burn the cd as a data disk, wiht each week's playlist in a different folder. Then when playing, you can select the desired folder. Also, when doing it this way, you can fit significantly more songs on the cd. Your cd player will probably say ".mp3" on it somewhere if it can do this.

If your cd player is recent enough to have a aux input, there's a good chance it may play .mp3's. It's an under-utilized feature. I often use iTunes Genius to make a big playlist of a particular genre, and then burn it to a cd as a data disk. I can fit 75-100 songs on one cd. Great for long trips, when I don't want to have the hassle of making a carefully-planned playlist - I can play the cd on random, and just skip anything I'm not in the mood for.