Menu

summer school review work for lagging 6th grader?

I posted a similar message on the K-8 board but I want to see if any of you can pass on some suggestions for me.

I received a phone call from someone last night that has a 6th grader that is apparently having difficulty with school work. He asked if I had any workbooks that worked on reading comprehension, math skills etc. My boys are going into 9th and 10th and so I have gradually let go of most books I used at that age. And, I have just recently given and sold several textbooks, workbooks, supplemental activities and so I don't have much to offer.

Can any of you provide me with some great sites for me to pass on to him for work on these subjects? I would prefer ones that your upper elementary kiddos enjoy as it will be for summer learning and I do know that she is a reluctant learner which makes the task even more difficult. I know at one time that her grandmother told me that she was about a 2nd grade reading level at first of year and she was receiving passing grades in her subjects. Not sure how she is doing now but he requested 6th grade material.

thanks for any suggestions.