Menu

s/o Flag Day...flag-burning?

No. But, I do spport the local police if they have to do something about a protest rally in which a flag is burnt due to violations of fire codes. If someone feels it's their free spech to burn a flag in protest, then they'd better remember to follow the fire codes because their right doesn't impinge on anyone else's right to safety.

That said. I don't like it. But, the constitution doesn't pick favorites and I love the U.S. Constitution. Though I will say, that there is some merit is saying free speech does not cover "free action" and that flag burning is not free speech. I just like to error on the side of caution and freedom most of the time when it comes to the Bill of Rights.

Faith

No. But, I do spport the local police if they have to do something about a protest rally in which a flag is burnt due to violations of fire codes. If someone feels it's their free spech to burn a flag in protest, then they'd better remember to follow the fire codes because their right doesn't impinge on anyone else's right to safety.

That said. I don't like it. But, the constitution doesn't pick favorites and I love the U.S. Constitution. Though I will say, that there is some merit is saying free speech does not cover "free action" and that flag burning is not free speech. I just like to error on the side of caution and freedom most of the time when it comes to the Bill of Rights.

Faith

:iagree: Not much that irks me more than something like this, but it is a freedom we have in America that isn't found in many other places. There was a story on the BBC this weekend about a woman in Bahrain who was in prison for writing a poem that disagreed with the gov. there. The reporter was interviewing some public official and all he could say was "It's against the law." I think we forget how good we have it sometimes.