Menu

Is there a CW-like writing curriculum that is would be less time intensive?

keglinja

I love the idea of CW, but just not sure the time intensity it requires is realistic for us. I have a rising 6th grader who has worked through the 4 levels of WWE and I am considering WWS as well, but concerned it will not be available for awhile - even to really preview....

any suggestions for writing curriculums for middle school that others like that teach may be less time consuming than CW (or even IEW), but ready to look at now.

Thanks!

Emma Serl's books are excellent! http://cathyduffyreviews.com/grammar-composition/primary-language-lessons.htm

We are currently using the Catholic version series, Lingua Mater, which has books that go up to 8/9th grade. We are really enjoying it! We just "do the next thing" and it is super easy to follow.

Right now I am using the ILL level with my 6/7th grade ds, and it is a perfect fit for him.

CW was a program we also seriously considered, but it looked much too time consuming for us as well. Emma Serl's Language Lessons was our happy medium. :)

Thank you all for the great suggestions! I am really liking the samples of Meaningful Composition, though it is definitely more like IEW, which I am good with. I have looked into Writing Tales in the past, but seeing the highest level is grades 4 & 5, I was thinking it may be too young, but I will definitely look again. I have not checked out Emma Serl's books (other than PLL - which I didn't love), but I have heard good things about them.

I appreciate the feedback! Now to be decisive so I don't spend hours online...