Menu

Which one?

Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect

Or a WII

If the xbox, how much room do you really need/how far from the unit do you need to be for it to pick you up? We don't have a lot of room.

If the WII, which one?

This is all pretty new to me. I thought of simply getting a Roka for netflex but both of these supports netflex and you have the gaming/exercise which would be nice especially in the winter months.

Any advice? Why would you choose the one you list, why would you not choose the other, Why would you simply go the cheap route of the Roka?

They are going to come out with wii2 soon so wiis are cheaper but a bit less advanced than xbox . I like the no controller thing on xbox. It also has better games.

Wii isnt as much cheaper when you consider for it to do everything the xbox does you also need the wiifit board

I would get an xbox or wait for the wii2

Edited by Sis

Take a look at the games before you decide.

We generally prefer the XBox 360 but my DH and I are avid gamers so the superior graphics are a BIG deal to us. Your two younger kids are on the verge of older gamer territory.

But my 10 yr old son, my-laws and my parents prefer the Wii because there are a lot more games that are accessible to those not used to video games, for groups of people of for younger kids.

So do you want a system for the kids to play or do you want one for the family to play together? If the kids I'd say the XBox, if the family, I'd say the Wii.

Take a look at the games before you decide.

We generally prefer the XBox 360 but my DH and I are avid gamers so the superior graphics are a BIG deal to us. Your two younger kids are on the verge of older gamer territory.

But my 10 yr old son, my-laws and my parents prefer the Wii because there are a lot more games that are accessible to those not used to video games, for groups of people of for younger kids.

So do you want a system for the kids to play or do you want one for the family to play together? If the kids I'd say the XBox, if the family, I'd say the Wii.

That is good advice :001_smile: I agree.

Wiis are dirt cheap atm because they are switching. But I still would want the XBox :lol:

I find the Wii is much more friendly for smaller spaces.:)

I like the dancing games for the Kinect. No need for a pad!

You can throw the Wii controllers so that is a danger... But with the Kinect, you need to be sure to take any footwear off. :glare:

Thanks to everyone that answered. It really does sound like the xbox is the winner at this point. We would probably wait until Christmas to do anything like this so we will see what the WII2 is like. My oldest son said that the xbox doesn't have the EMF issue that the WII does.