Menu

Would you eat this?

I made dried beans in the crock pot over night (not last night but the night before). I turned it off at 9am and it sat out on the counter cooling until that same night at 8pm. I put it in the fridge at 8pm but I am wondering if it is OK. I had a sudden worry that maybe it was too long on the counter. It was not hot here yesterday....high 60's low 70's. It was out maybe 10 hours cooling.

Would you eat it?

It's funny. People get freakier about meat being left out than starches, but after taking food safety classes it is my understanding it is the other way around.

That said, I'm not all that squeamish. So long as it didn't start looking and smelling bad I'd probably just boil it then eat it.

The most memorable bout of food poisoning we have had was over noodles (there were two containers in the fridge and one was older than the other by a week :confused: It was bad.). We have not forgotten that starches are just as probable.

It looks fine and smells fine.

Any other disenting votes before I make plans to use it?

I would eat it.

And can I say I'm so jealous of your highs yesterday. It was over 100 here yesterday. And the day before. And it will be today. And tomorrow. Sigh.

It has not been very sunny lately but have seen some about the heatwave in the news and wish I could send the weather over to you. Kids are loving being outside! Sending cool thoughts your way!