Menu

Nook or Kindle?

newhsmommy

I'm so happy that I went with Kindle. The biggest reason is that all my Kindle purchases transferred easily to my iPad when I got it, and I just love my iPad so much. I sold my actual Kindle device once I started reading on the iPad. I can read at night, in full-color, and do everything an iPad allows me to do (surf, apps, email, etc...).

I'm on Amazon everyday, usually check it once an hour actually. I do not go to B&N store or website nearly as often, maybe just a few times a month. So Kindle ebooks are so much more convenient for me to browse and purchase.

I can also install Kindle for PC on all my PCs, laptops, iPad/iPhone and I have all my ebooks with me wherever I go.

I'm sure there's a dozen other reasons why I love Kindle/iPad combo, but convenience and features are the biggest.

. I also think the file management is easier on it... you can email pdfs to your kindle to read and they will be converted to Kindle text for free! Love that feature for all of the homeschooling pdfs I've collected here and there.

That is exactly why I went out and bought an e-reader because I have so many. I have to admit that the file management was crappy until they updated that feature on the nook. The only two features they kept me away from the kindle was that it makes it cumbersome to upload books but I love the conversion feature and the conversion feature( I did not know it had that feature).

But like you said, you really can't go wrong with either one :D

I wish I could download pdf's and googlebooks, etc. DH is wanting and IPAD so I would expect we could use that in the future for lots of apps and pdfs.

Not sure what you mean when you said that you wish you could download Pdf's and googlebooks.

Here is link that shows you how but if you mean buying a book and then downloading it to the nook then here is site that I hope it will help:

http://books.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=1065611

I can tell you i have done it before but I can not remember how to do it but i did follow the direction they provided me for the Sony and Nook.

I have to agree with you on the fact that soon as a newer model comes out the old one becomes obsolete. That I really hate:mad:. As of I now I am only in the market for something that will allow me to read eBooks in color with maybe internet browsing capability but I am not is a rush because I want to teach my dc to use what they have.

@Satori

I do like that the Kindle have so many ways that you can read and since books that you purchase from them too:001_smile:.

Edited by dyana17

Guest Jeneralei

I tried both and liked the Kindle far better (easier to hold and turn pages imo, the quotes features, and the text-to-speech) but ended up going with the Nook so I could check out library books with it... Now that Kindle will be supporting overdrive library lending I would definitely go with a Kindle.