Menu

Sign of the Beaver unit study or lit study?

I would like to do a unit study or lit study using Sign of the Beaver in the next week or two. Any good recommendations? Has anyone tried Moving Beyond the Page's version of lit study for this novel (sold thru Rainbow Resource)?

The kids I'll be using this for are early 3rd and 4th grade.

Thank-you for taking time to reply!! :001_smile:

There's a free one at Homeschool Share. Had you found that yet?

;) Yep. That's my first choice. We did the free one on Farmer Boy this spring and had a blast. I actually learned how to can jelly and have been canning all kinds of things (OK, I learned something-:lol:). All from that free unit study.

We're getting ready to read Sign of the Beaver and that book is just too good to pass up without a unit study to go along with it. :tongue_smilie:

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used Moving Beyond the Page?

:bigear:

We used Moving Beyond the Page with my dd. Sign of the Beaver was the second book in the unit and my dd really enjoyed it. The book leads to interesting discussions about how the characters develop in the story. The theme of interdependece also provides a different way to go deeper into the story. There is more LA in the unit but Moving Beyond the Page as a whole doesn't provide enough LA. I had to supplement with more writing and grammar for my dd. The best part was the book itself!

• 4 weeks later...