Menu

Financial Peace - Dave Ramsey

I would like to have my daughter do this course next but I am not sure how to give her credit. Can I use it as part of the semester Economics course she needs to take (I have yet to choose a text for that) or should I use it as part of a Consumer Math course and add a short text (do they make semester length Consumer Math texts???).

Any ideas?

I think FPU is more personal finance/consumer math-related, not econ. That said, I would recommend it as a supplement to a personal finance/consumer math course, not the other way around. When ds and I did FPU it only took about an hour a week. If you haven't done FPU you might consider just doing this together as a family and not necessarily as part of a course. Ds did this with us (and some friends) when he was 12 and he really enjoyed it and learned a lot.

Another great resource is the Crown Financial Ministries study. It teaches you what the Bible says about money and how to apply that to your personal finances. I'd also recommend Your Money or Your Life. This is a (secular) short book that helps you think of money in terms of work--how many hours do I need to work to pay for his shirt?

HTH

Cinder