Menu

New to WTM & Homeschooling!

Hi everyone!! My name is Ashley, and I just joined this forum. I am currently doing research about homeschooling curricula and methods. My family is quite young, so we have plenty of time before we officially "enter" the homeschool scene.

DS is 2 1/2 and has been identified in Jan '11 as having mild-to-moderate delays in most areas of development. He currently does not qualify for any therapy through Early Intervention, but we are working with him a couple times a day when possible in activities that will help to develop his gross and fine motor skills as well as speech development. Unfortunately, our local library lacks a good pre-k reading group (participation is limited, and there is only one session offered every 3 months or so). We use some Kumon workbooks with him for coloring, pasting, and drawing activities, which he loves. We are also struggling to find a good social group for him to play with.

DD is only 9 months old, and we are working with her on appropriate development activities. She is teething- she just got her front two teeth in this last week, and just learned to crawl within the last week as well. It has been a busy time!

For me, I am currently attending community college hoping to get a humanities degree in spring 2012, and then go on to a bachelors degree program if finances permit. This semester, I am learning French online and taking a class on computers in education.

My husband, Matt, is attending graduate school to get his masters in philosophy. His experience in philosophy and logic will be invaluable as our children get older, especially since we plan on homeschooling classically.

Look forward to meeting ya'll and talking about WTM!! :)