Menu

Baby Girl name question?

I just don't care for geographical names--- but of the geographical names I hear, Georgia is neither common nor as masculine as some (Dakota, for example.)

astrid

There are a lot of geographical names out there now. I know 2 Savannahs, a London, a Boston, a Cheyenne, and a Brooklyn!

Love Georgia!!! I'm also partial to old fashioned names. Georgia Faith is lovely. And I like the nickname Gigi too!!

I'm partial to old fashioned names as well:001_smile:. And I love the nickname Gigi!

The gal who cuts my hair is named Georgia. In emails, she always abbreviates her own name like the state abbreviation, lol. (Just something to consider that your dd's name will probably often be abbreviated like that in written communications...???)

:001_smile:

I suppose it would be a fast way of signing something:001_smile:

I like it. For some reason, Georgia Rain keeps popping into my head. I think that sounds pretty together. But, then again....you didn't ask for advice on a middle name. :001_smile: I don't care for Georgie for a nickname, I really like Gigi (because there are 2 g's in Georgia).

After living in the PNW I couldn't wish the name rain on anyone:lol:, although I used to really like the name Reina. And middle name advice is welcome. I actually wanted Georgia Sparrow but DH likes Georgia Faith better, if we decide for sure on Georgia.

As long as it's not going to annoy you to have people break into song every time they see her ;)

Well, I had liked the name Roxanne, but DH vetoed it, based on the fact that he didn't want anyone singing that song to his daughter:lol:.

Love it, love it, love it! Georgia Faith rocks.

Thanks!!

I just don't care for geographical names--- but of the geographical names I hear, Georgia is neither common nor as masculine as some (Dakota, for example.)

astrid

Georgia the name predates Georgia the state by many centuries, so it's not necessarily a geographical name :). Like I have an August...but he's named for the name August not the month August (which is actually probably my least favorite month).