Menu

Pulled pork dilemma

So I am on the prowl at my grocery store for some pork shoulder (picnic roast) I want to make pulled pork for a get together tomorrow.

I couldn't find any so I talked to one of the butchers. At first he directed me towards a picnic ham (No!!) then he said they had cut all their shoulder into steaks.

:confused:

I am in a BBQ capital, who cuts all the pork shoulder into steaks?

So...now I have a pan full of pork steaks. I usually start pulled pork with the roasts sitting fat side up in the oven with a bit of water.

Is this even going to turn out right? Should I throw water over the steaks? Put the steaks into piles??

Oh and yeah, I am trolling, this is all made up to be dramatic

Edited by Sis

I salt and pepper it then I score the fat and stick it in a pan with 1/2 cup of water.

I put it in the oven at 450 for about 45 mintues

After the 45 mins I cover it with foil and turn the oven down to 350 and I leave it for four hours.

I take it out of the oven and "pull" it with two forks. Yum! It can then be used for enchiladas, sandwiches with bbq sauce, any number of things

Not that this will help now, but I use pork tenderloins and cook them in homemade bbq sauce in crockpots and it's always wonderful pulled pork sandwiches!

I put a pork loin in the crockpot, fat side up. I salt & pepper it, add maybe 1/2 cup or so of water, then cook overnight on low. The next day, I remove the fat and then use a fork to pull off chunks of meat. We all like difference barbecue sauces, so we add our choice of sauce as desired after it is served onto our plates.