Menu

bible study for all ages--questions!!!

pjssully

i got my materials in the mail--i have intermediate and advanced-as well as a high schooler. I just can't seem to make sense of it. I understand the student sheets but how do the lessons in the blue teachers book tie in with the student sheets? And how do i use this with a high schooler? I really want to use it but i just don't see how this all fits together. Are the lessons in the teacher's manual completely different from the student sheets? Can i use the studnets sheets without the teacher's manual? I would love any help!!!

thanks

pam

I use BSFAA and do not use the teacher's manual. Here is how we do it:

1. Complete Remember It

2. Do Memory Workout

3. Do Guess What and discuss

NOW

4. Flip the page and complete the Discover the Bible.

5. Flip back to the front page and complete the Map/Timeline, Flashback, and Apply It.

My DS knows the flow of the pages and we can usually complete a lesson in about 15 minutes. He has learned a ton from this curriculum.

HTH.

Ya know, I did the same thing you did. I purchased the intermediate student sheets AND the teachers manual, only to find that the TM didn't help much with the student sheets.

I've concluded that the TM enables you to do BSGFAA without student sheets. The TM the review questions, timeline, mapwork, etc. The student sheets seem to be stand alone, although one could easily add the wall timeline or the large map. After looking at both products, I opted to just use the student sheets -- it seemed more straightforward and open & go.

My kids absolutely love the student sheets. We usually do the cartoon-like front side first. Then . . . the next day we do the timeline/map side. We always read the Bible passage aloud together and the boys work independently on their worksheet. When they finish, we get back together to check answers and discuss. We usually spend 15-20 minutes per side. So, it sounds like it takes us twice as long as the previous poster.

We're almost finished with our student sheet packet, and I'm pondering using the TM for the next set of lessons. I think it may seem less school-work-ish, so I'm interested in giving the TM format a try.