Menu

God's Design series - Planet Earth, Universe, etc.

Has anyone combined several of the God's Design books successfully into one year? I really like the looks of them, but at 35 lessons each and 3 books in each division, I would take forever to finish them, especially around our house! I was hoping to combine each set of 3 books into one year. Possible? Suggestions? :confused:

Thanks!

Kim

Has anyone combined several of the God's Design books successfully into one year? I really like the looks of them, but at 35 lessons each and 3 books in each division, I would take forever to finish them, especially around our house! I was hoping to combine each set of 3 books into one year. Possible? Suggestions? :confused:

Thanks!

Kim

The lessons are very short and could easily be combined.

Thanks for your responses! I guess a lot would depend on how many time per week we covered science. Right now, we have only done twice a week for about 45 minutes each. At grades 5, 6, 7, how much time and how often do you ladies do?

Thanks!

Kim

I think even in that amount of time you could do more than one book a year.

We did all three of those books in one year. If you schedule 3 science lessons a week, you can easily accomplish that. Also, the first 2 or 3 lessons of each of those books are exact duplicates (lessons about creationism). The very last lesson of each book is always more of a reflection on God's design, which you could easily combine with the prior lesson. Most of the regular lessons are short but content-rich, so I wouldn't do too much combining unless your dc are familiar with the concepts.

Louise