Menu

Any timeline books/sticker sets compatible with old earth or secular views?

I like the looks of Homeschool in the Woods timeline book and sticker set but I am worried that their dates for ancient times might be confusing for secular or old earth users:(

http://www.homeschoolinthewoods.com/HTTA/FAQs.htm

I have no problem starting a history timeline at 5000 years ago or thereabouts but I am worried if the dates are significantly different for ancient times than conventional history books such as Kingfisher, etc.

Any recommendations for secular or old earth timelines? Any secular users of Homeschool in the Woods? Am I misunderstanding the date issue discussed on the web page above?

Priscilla I went ahead with the homeschool in the woods set though we take more of an old earth view. There is very little history that we would place prior to 5000 as far as direct events/names that would go onto a timeline and if necessary, we may just add some pages in here and there. I got the electronic versions, and figured I would edit if needed.

Priscilla I went ahead with the homeschool in the woods set though we take more of an old earth view. There is very little history that we would place prior to 5000 as far as direct events/names that would go onto a timeline and if necessary, we may just add some pages in here and there. I got the electronic versions, and figured I would edit if needed.

I agree with that but I am wondering if the ancient dates in Homeschool in the Woods is significantly different based on what I read in the FAQ page I linked to above. Do their dates differ significantly with Kingfisher or STOW for ancient times?

There are a few discrepancies from about 5000 bc - 3000 bc mostly due to things being listed co-currently. It affects very few figures in the timeline. By the time you hit about 3000 bc, it appears to be similar to my sotw book - we are doing American history right now so, I have not really looked at each one in detail though. Maybe someone else here has more info.