Menu

We have Decided to Homeschool! HELP!!

Guest mariasmama

Guest mariasmama

My husband and I have decided to homeschool our daughter. She has just completed 6th grade and has had a great academic year. We have talked about homeschooling for the past 2 years and have decided to tak a leap of faith and give it a shot. She has several friends that are homeschooled and they LOVE it.She was very excited!!! This last week of school she let the cat out of the bag and mentioned it at school and students and staff have been rather negative about it and it has rubbed off a bit on her. I am happy that school is out for the summer but wonderingif anyone else has run into this at all.

I have ordered the teaching textbooks core for 7th grade for us to look over and I am sure some of her excitement will come back, but I am hoping that people wil just back off!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - what a leap of faith you are taking. Home schooling is not for everyone, but our daughter has enjoyed her eight years after one year in public school. So glad to read your daughter has two friends that are also home schooled - she will find their support valuable. Now that our daughter is in high school, we hire private teachers to come into our home and also have groups of students who hire teachers (we choose curriculum) and take classes as small groups. I have suggested she return to private or public school, but she refuses. We take home schooling one year at a time. Even though it is difficult, I do cherish the time I have with her. Best wishes to you!